If your landlord is Brighton & Hove City Council; or you are a leaseholder of the Council (you own a flat and pay the council for maintenance and ground rent), we can arrange a telephone appointment with you to help you with any (non-business) debts or benefit issue. We can advise you on things like:

  • whether an IVA is something that would help with your debts,
  • getting your debts written-off with a Debt Relief Order,
  • working out what you can afford to pay and what you need to pay to people you owe money to,
  • making a claim for disability benefits,
  • finding out whether you would be better off on Universal Credit,
  • appealing a benefit decision you don’t agree with
  • working out a way to pay your water bill

When we are able to see people face to face again we can arrange appointments at our office or places like:

Hollingdean Children’s Centre, Moulsecoomb Children’s Centre, St Richards Church and Community Centre in Hangleton, Jubilee Library in Brighton. Please note these are not drop-in sessions – you will need an appointment.

If you need advice or an appointment please call the moneyworks adviceline on 0800 988 7037 to speak to an adviser who will be able to help or refer you for an appointment if you need it.

View all

Leave Site
Responsive website designed & developed by